If there is one thing we have all learned over the last two years of global pandemic, it’s that we have to take our wins where we can get them! It is with that spirit that we jump into 2022 with a nice long episode on a movie that means the world to us.
This month, Sophie and Hannah are joined by first-time guest and absolute gem of a human, Thor, to talk about everything we love about Ghostbusters (2016), the joy and comfort that it provides, and the heartbreaking way it was received by a certain segment of “fans.”
Sophie did lots of homework for this episode so we have lots of links for you!
- Ghostbusters: Paul Feig Confirms Kate McKinnon character is gay but studio stopped him from saying so – The Guardian
- Kate McKinnon’s 10 Gayest “Ghostbusters” Gay Moments of Gay – Autostraddle
- On My Dad Harold Ramis and Passing the Ghostbusters Torch to a New Generation of Fans – Vulture
- Ghostbusters’ Leslie Jones: “The US is the most depressed nation in the world and I blame comedians’ – The Guardian
- Jason Reitman Knows Who The Real Fans Of ‘Ghostbusters’ Are – Whiny Misogynists – Wonkette
- Ghostbusters Box Set Digitally Adds 2016 Reboot After Director Slammed Sony – Screenrant
- In Praise of Paul Feig’s Beautiful Male Idiots – Slate
- The Spiritualist Origins of Ghostbusters – The New Republic
Check out Thor’s podcast Thor’s Hour of Thunder wherever you get your podcasts and keep an eye out for their upcoming episode that is a table read of an early script for Labyrinth. Sophie and Hannah play the Goblins!
Follow 28 Days Ladyer on Twitter @28DaysLady_er and Instagram @28daysladyer. You can find Sophie on Twitter and Instagram @philliesfemme and check out Hannah’s hand-painted shirts @better_shirts_chicago.
And of course, if you like the podcast please rate/review/subscribe!