In this episode of The Beauty of Horror, Chandler talks with author and architecture historian Christine Madrid French about the structural beauty of The Shining (1980).
The two discuss haunted spaces, how buildings help you “time travel”, the nature of hauntings, art deco hotels, and, of course, aesthetics!
Want to connect more with the podcast and its guests? Check out the info below!
- Chandler – @_Shockaholic
- Beauty of Horror – @BeautyHorrorPod
- Christine – @madridfrench
Beauty of Horror
- Instagram (Christine): @MadamHistorian
- Instagram (Christine’s house): @pineycroftaframe
- First Annual HitchCon (1-3 October, virtual)
- Alfred Hitchcock and American Architecture: Villain’s Lairs, Skyscrapers, Mansions and Motels (University of Virginia press, October 2022)
Music by Karl Casey (White Bat Audio)
Cover Art designed by JRGDrawing
Edited by Aviva Dassen
If you enjoyed this episode, please be sure to rate and subscribe!